Application Process FAQ
- What is the deadline for applications?
- Where can I find the application form and instructions?
- Will I need to come in for interviews or can the interviews occur over the phone?
- When will I know if I am accepted?
- Can I defer my acceptance if I am unable to start in the Fall?
December 1, 2016
The application can be found at The Graduate Program website: http://grad.uchicago.edu/admissions/apply/
In most cases, candidates who receive favorable preliminary reviews will receive an invitation to attend a recruitment weekend on campus. These events are held in January and February and include one-on-one interviews, tours, informational and scientific presentations, and social events. Foreign candidates unable to attend recruitment weekends are interviewed by phone.
In most cases by March 15, 2016
Deferrals are often granted. The Committee asks that the request for deferral be made as early as possible so that alternative eligible candidates may be admitted when appropriate. Such requests are made to the Chair of the Committee.